- Neal, M. D; Deslouches, B; and Ogilvie, J. (2009) The use of pre-operative imaging and intraoperative parathyroid hormone level to guide surgical management of tertiary hyperparathyroidism from X-linked hypophosphatemic rickets: a case report. Cases J. 2: 7572. | View Abstract
- Deslouches, B; Gonzalez, I. A; DeAlmeida, D; Islam, K; Steele, C; Montelaro, R. C; and Mietzner, T. A. (2007) De novo-derived cationic antimicrobial peptide activity in a murine model of Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteraemia. J Antimicrob Chemother. 60: 669-672. | View Abstract
- Phadke, S. M; Deslouches, B; Hileman, S. E; Montelaro, R. C; Wiesenfeld, H. C; and Mietzner, T. A. (2005) Antimicrobial peptides in mucosal secretions: the importance of local secretions in mitigating infection. J Nutr. 135: 1289-1293. | View Abstract
- Deslouches, B; Phadke, S. M; Lazarevic, V; Cascio, M; Islam, K; Montelaro, R. C; and Mietzner, T. A. (2005) De novo generation of cationic antimicrobial peptides: influence of length and tryptophan substitution on antimicrobial activity. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 49: 316-322. | View Abstract
- Deslouches, B; Islam, K; Craigo, J. K; Paranjape, S. M; Montelaro, R. C; and Mietzner, T. A. (2005) Activity of the de novo engineered antimicrobial peptide WLBU2 against Pseudomonas aeruginosa in human serum and whole blood: implications for systemic applications. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 49: 3208-3216. | View Abstract
- Phadke, S. M; Islam, K; Deslouches, B; Kapoor, S. A; Beer Stolz, D; Watkins, S. C; Montelaro, R. C; Pilewski, J. M; and Mietzner, T. A. (2003) Selective toxicity of engineered lentivirus lytic peptides in a CF airway cell model. Peptides. 24: 1099-1107. | View Abstract
- Li, J; Deslouches, B; Cosloy, S. D; and Russell, C. S. (2003) A heme-deficient strain of Escherichia coli has a three-base pair deletion in a "hotspot" in hemA. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1626: 102-105. | View Abstract
Our research focuses on the development of engineered antimicrobial peptides (eCAPs) for applications to hard-to-treat bacterial infections, particularly infections caused by multidrug-resistant pathogens.